20 August 2012

Auckland to LA

Left Auckland airport with no hassles - got thru security & customs fine.  Didn't get pics of my seat in Premium Economy (the new spacesaver seats on the new Boeing 777-300 plane) but it was very, very comfortable.  Meals were a step up from economy as well - we got an entree before dinner.  LOL  Absolutely loved the premium check-in - no lines, and got sent up in the elevator to security so no waiting there either!  It was raining hard so we were 20 minutes late taking off.  Couldn't really see anything coz of the rain & it was dark.  This is the plane I was in (photo taken after landing at LAX).



And here are some pics taken while coming to land at LAX.  Place is HUGE!!  Took us 10 minutes to taxi around to the terminal gate.









Got a shuttle from LAX to hotel.  Was interesting driving thru the 'suburbs', didn't take any pics tho as had a shuttle full of people & I didn't want to look too much like a tourist.  LOL  Saw quite a few familiar things (Shell & Mobil petrol stations, Subway, Burger King, McDonalds).  And thank goodness I decided to go with a hotel with air-con, coz it's DAMN HOT here!!  First thing I did when I got in my room was take off my jumper, shoes & socks and then turn the air-con on to the lowest setting possible.  Brought my swimsuit just-in-case and lucky I did so I can use the hotel pool.

It's 6.45pm Sunday 19th August here so am going to change & go downstairs & find out where I can get something nice for dinner.

Oh, and, OMG!!!  I'm in LA!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment