26 August 2012

LA - part 4 (Thurs 23-Sat 25 August)

Thursday 23 August - Woke up & chatted with G while she got organised to leave.  After she left at about 11am I decided to get the photos off my camera.  After doing that & seeing how many I had I decided to rest for a bit before sorting them & promptly fell asleep.  Woke up a few hours later & did a couple of things on the tablet - checked emails, facebook, etc.  Then had some fruit for lunch/dinner.  After refuelling I tackled the task of sorting & renaming the 204 photos I had taken.  And what a task it was.  OMG!!  I am so used to using an awesome photo editing program which I tried to download but couldn't so was stuck using the tablet program.  ARGH!!  Talk about a test of my patience.  Finally, 3 hours later, photos were sorted & renamed but I couldn't face attempting to update my blog so I put the tablet away & turned on the tv to relax a bit before going to sleep.  What a mistake that was.  They have over 200 channels here, albeit some in foreign languages, but the choice of programs is amazing!  Altho they have more ads than we have back home (well it seems that way).  Finally at about 5am after I had closed my eyes to rest them a bit I turned the tv off and went to sleep.

Friday 24 August - woke up about 12.30pm, took a long shower, dressed and then had some fruit to prepare me for the task of updating my blog.  Started looking at photos and decided to upload a few specific ones to facebook instead, then got caught up with people commenting on said photos.  LOL  After a couple of hours decided that I really needed to update my blog so I took a deep breath and started.  About 4 or so hours later it was done, well, one day was done.  I decided that was enough for one night so put the tablet away (luckily the windows don't open otherwise the tablet would have been put away out the window).  Whomever advised me to get a tablet over a netbook is so lucky I am on the other side of the world.  This thing is causing me no end of frustration & anger.  Anyway, went to sleep with the intention of getting up early-ish & heading out to visit a couple of places in the morning.

Saturday 25 August - What is it they say about good intentions?  Woke up about 1pm, jumped out of bed exclaiming at the time, showered & got dressed.  Got myself organised and headed off to visit the Hollywood Museum - http://www.thehollywoodmuseum.com - for a few hours.  I subsequently discovered you really need a whole day for this museum, there is SO MUCH to see and read about.  I didn't take many photos tho as you weren't allowed to use the flash on the camera.

One of Elvis Presley's bathrobes.
I will post more photos from the Hollywood Museum in another blog for those that want to take a look as there are quite a few.
After being asked to leave the museum as they were closing I headed next door to Mel's Drive In for something to eat.

My favourite place to eat in Hollywood.

One of the Spiked Shakes called a 50/50 Bar - Absolut Vanilla, Orange Curacao & vanilla ice-cream.  Just like a normal milkshake only potent.  LOL
 After stuffing myself full at Mel's I took another stroll along Hollywood Boulevard and did some souvenir shopping at one of the many many many souvenir shops and took some photos of some landmarks as well.

The Dolby Theatre.  They hold one of the big award shows here - Oscar's or Emmy's or something like that.
Hard Rock Cafe sign at daytime.
Graumans Chinese Theater during the day.  There are always MASSES of people here.
Headed back to the hotel about 8pm.  On my way back I saw 3 Elvis's, 4 Batman's, Captain Jack Sparrow, Mickey Mouse from Fantasia, a Transformer, the girl in the tv from The Ring, Michael Jackson, Wonder Woman, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Darth Vader, Tinkerbell, the Mad-Hatter, the Joker from Batman, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, 2 Spiderman (red), Spiderman (black), Chucky from Child's Play, Woody & Buzz Lightyear.  All the big names come out on a Saturday night in Hollywood.  LOL

Got back to my hotel about 8.30pm, sorted out souvenirs, checked emails and then spent 4 hours sorting out photos & updating my blog.  Why so long? Coz my tablet is absolute crap at photo handling, editing & uploading.  Anyway, it is now 1am here so I am going to close my tablet & go to sleep.  Want to be up earlyish in the morning to visit a couple more places.

Pip :-)




2 comments:

  1. It is not the tablet that is frustrating you, it is your complete lack of technical ability. My tablet can do much more with photos than Sarah's netbook! I can upload photos, sort them quickly and know how to use the dam thing - making it a pleasure to use. It is more likely your brain operating in the American way - that is not being used (unless you want to invade an oil rich country) that is making it so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I didn't realise Adobe not allowing Flash Player to be installed on my tablet was due to my technical knowledge or how I use the tablet. My mistake. And when the tablet doesn't respond to the touch pen, again must be my mistake, I must be doing something different to the 10 other times I did it and it worked. Stupid me. Same with the photo editor showing photos in the gallery in random order even tho they are sorted in a particular order in the file manager. How stupid of me not to realise these are user mistakes and not problems with programs on the tablet. And, yes, I can make lots of changes to a photo, lots of effects, but that is not what I want. What I want is a simple, easy to use way of resizing & renaming photos. That's it. Nothing fancy. Oh, and the ability to select more than 1 photo at a time to upload would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete