28 August 2012

LA - part 5 (Sunday 26 August)

As many of you probably guessed I didn't get up earlyish but slept until just after midday.  I then received a phone call from the front desk asking if I wanted more time to check out, which took me by complete surprise as I wasn't checking out until the next day (Monday 27 August).  I found the print out of my reservation confirmation and sure enough I was only booked in till Sunday.  I freaked out completely.  The guy at the front desk (Manny) was very understanding & checked to see if I could keep the same room or move to another room for the night, and as luck had it the room I was currently in was free so he booked me another night.  Phew!!  I took a long shower after that confusion and then prepared to leave for Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.  It was one of the hottest days so far and there were HEAPS of people around and they had closed off the part of Hollywood Boulevard that runs in front of the Dolby Theater & Graumans Chinese Theater.  I headed through the throngs of people, often walking on the street itself coz the sidewalk was so crowded & arrived at Madame Tussaud's.  Got my entry ticket & a souvenir book and made my way in.  Went to take my first photo & my camera wouldn't work.  ARGH!!  Somehow the SD card had become protected & the little tab you move to unlock it had broken off.  ARGH!!!  I took a couple of photos with the camera on my phone but they didn't turn out well at all.  Oh buggar.  Was still quite interesting.  The figurines do look rather lifelike, some more than others tho.  There were a couple of times I turned around & was surprised coz the figurine looked alive.  LOL  All is not lost tho as there is a Madame Tussaud's in Las Vegas and another in New York.
After leaving Madame Tussaud's I made my way to my favourite eating place, Mel's Drive In, and had a burger & an ice cream sundae.  Again extremely delicious & very filling.  One of the lovely waitresses there advised me on where to get a replacement SD card & thankfully it was only a couple of minutes walk away.  So, off I went, got a replacement SD card & was all set again.  I decided to go to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium but when I got there & heard the price of entry I changed my mind.  It was more expensive than Madame Tussauds & The Hollywood Museum together!!! I then just strolled the Boulevard and browsed the shops in the Hollywood & Highland Center and then made my way back to the hotel about 6.30pm.
Once back at the hotel I sorted out my clothes & other stuff so I could fit everything I needed into one big bag & one carry-on bag for the rest of my trip.  Can't believe I brought so much stuff!!  And now I have more stuff!!  Oh me, oh my. *sigh*  Will have to look into getting some stuff shipped back home.
After getting that sorted I decided to rest & turned the tv on and got caught up in all the channels yet again.  Like us they have interesting programs/movies on at ungodly hours, so after watching a very interesting movie I finally went to sleep at about 5am.


No comments:

Post a Comment