26 August 2012

LA - part 2b

So after Beverley Hills we headed out to the coast & Venice Beach.  Walked along the main shopping part, took some photos, bought a couple of souvenirs & watched the people.  The most obvious difference was the 'herbal' medicine shops. Nearly every 5th shop was a 'Herbal Doctor', and every one you walked passed had people outside asking you if you had "your medical green card" and if you said no they asked if you wanted help in getting one.  LOL

One of the many 'Herbal Doctor' shops along Venice Beach shops.
The infamous Muscle Beach.  There was only 1 guy working out when we went past.

You can get botox done & then go next door for some pain relief.  LOL

One of the places of accommodation available right on the beachfront.
After a nice, and very interesting, stroll along Venice Beach we headed to Santa Monica.

Santa Monica beach.

They have a Bubba Gumps here! We were going to eat here but there was a wait of 25 minutes for a table.  And it was a Tuesday night!!

The beach of Santa Monica beach.

View from Santa Monica Pier. I think that is looking back to what is known as Malibu.

Me beside the infamous ferris wheel on Santa Monica Pier.

Ulrich wanted in on the fun too.

NB: this is the end of the Route 66 Trail, not the start.  LOL

My first attempt at self-photo.  Need more practice.  LOL

After a stroll along Santa Monica Pier we headed back to Hollywood and went via Beverley Hills.



By this time it was 9.30pm so we thought we had better get something for dinner, so we decided on the Hard Rock Cafe on Hollywood Boulevard (which is just down from the hotel).

Look who I bumped into on my way to dinner!!  LOL

Ulrich having a taste of my cocktail while we waited for dinner to arrive.

Might have to get a better camera as this one doesn't do night shots very well.
Dinner!!  Steak with shrimps, onions, mushrooms, broccoli & smashed potato with gravy.
Unfortunately they cooked the steak with pepper which ended up on the shrimps & broccoli, I thought I would be ok but one bite of a shrimp & my mouth was on fire. The waiter was extremely nice & took it back & they cooked it all again from scratch, and he had them put the shrimps on the side and the onions & mushrooms in their own little dishes so that everything was separate in case I had a reaction again.  He got a good tip.


Ulrich had a play on a guitar while I ate dinner.



And he finished my drink!!  LOL  I got to bring the glass home as a souvenir too.


"I'll taste this for you to make sure it's ok."  Luckily he only took a tiny sip.
We finished dinner about 11.30pm, then went by the Hard Rock Cafe shop where I bought a couple of souvenirs and then headed back to the hotel and got to bed about 1am. Living the LA lifestyle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment