14 November 2012

Fullerton - Fri 9th Nov & Sat 10th Nov

Friday 9th November - G arrived about 9am & we had breakfast at the hotel before we headed out for a day of shopping as there were a few things I needed to get.  We went to Wal-mart first to get me another suitcase and a couple of dvd's.  We then went to Kohl's to look at boots but they didn't have any for wide feet so I had a quick look at the clothes on sale, which turned into a long look, and G left to go & check her mail to see if the box I had posted from San Antonio had arrived, and came back to get me. We had some lunch, then went to the Disney Depot store which didn't have as much stuff as we thought it would, but I still bought a couple of items.  We then went to Best Buy to look at mobile phones & tablets, and a couple of hours later I walked out with a new tablet.  We then went to the Burlington Coat Factory to get a couple of things for a friend of mine and had to leave without trying anything on as the store closed.  Argh!!  It was ok tho as I could return the stuff that didn't fit.  G dropped me off at the hotel about 9.30pm and I went up to my room.  I tried on the stuff I had bought & sorted out what I wanted to keep & what I would return, and then I started sorting everything into piles for packing.  I went to bed about 2am.
I didn't take my camera with me so no photos this day.


COUNTDOWN: 5 DAYS UNTIL MY FLIGHT HOME - 7 DAYS UNTIL I LAND IN AUCKLAND.


Saturday 10th November - got up about 8am, did a few things on the computer, looked at the time & then rushed to have a shower & get ready - it was 9.20am & G was picking me up at 10am.  Our first stop today was a laundry so I could get some clothes washed, then we went to the 99c Store to get G's Saturday paper and then we went to Big Lots for a looksie and I found some really neat christmas stuff which I bought.  We then headed to La Brea Mall to check out a couple of shops there, and again I bought some more stuff.  As it was nearly dinner time we went over to The Cheesecake Factory and had dinner & cheesecake.  This time I had the Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake, and got a slice of the Snickers Bar Chunks & Cheesecake to take back to the hotel.  G wasn't feeling well so she dropped me off at the hotel and I went up to my room to begin the packing mission.  I got 2 suitcases packed & the 3rd half packed before I went to bed at about 4am.  Started to get stressed out about how much stuff I had bought so did not sleep very well.
I didn't take my camera with me this day, took a couple of photos with my phone but can't get them off my phone.  Will have to post them later.


COUNTDOWN: 4 DAYS UNTIL MY FLIGHT HOME - 6 DAYS UNTIL I LAND IN AUCKLAND.

No comments:

Post a Comment