15 November 2012

Hollywood 2nd visit - Tuesday 13th November

Woke up about 8am, showered and then headed out to Hollywood Boulevard with G to do the last bit of souvenir shopping.  Of course I saw so much more stuff I wanted to buy, they had new t-shirts!!  But I was very, very good & only bought what I had on my list and got the one thing I REALLY wanted which was a USA magnet.  We walked along Hollywood Boulevard for a while and then headed back to the hotel about 10.30am.  G left about 11.15am to head home and I went back up to my room to update my blog, which didn't happen as I turned on the tv & watched that for a bit to relax.  The tv then did an upgrade (???) so turned itself off and I decided to rearrange some packing & re-weigh my bags using the hotel's gym scales.  After that I watched some more tv and fell asleep for an hour or so.  I did intend to go out to Mel's Drive In for dinner, but didn't make it, so I had the bag of Cheetos & box of Raisinettes I bought the other day for dinner.  Then I packed away the few things I had bought today, did some repacking, packed my 5th bag & re-weighed all 5 bags again and gave a HUGE sigh of relief as each bag was under 50lbs - some of them only by a few ounces.  I watched some more tv, updated my blog, checked facebook & emails, watched more tv and finally turned the tv off to go to sleep at 4am.

The Disney Soda Fountain & Studio Store.  This building was surrounded with scaffolding when I was first here.

A new sculpture on Hollywood Boulevard.
Warning!  Apparently this stops anyone being able to sue them if they climb on it & hurt themselves.  
Me by the Mickey Mouse star - my hands are supposed to represent mouse ears.  LOL
Me & Ulrich with Mickey Mouse outside the Disney Soda Fountain & Studio Store.
Souvenir t-shirts for dogs.  Thought about buying one for my cat but I would end up in hospital if I tried to put something like this on him.  hahahahaha
Ulrich making friends in the Frederick's of Hollywood store.


COUNTDOWN: 1 DAY UNTIL MY FLIGHT HOME - 3 DAYS UNTIL I LAND IN AUCKLAND.

No comments:

Post a Comment