14 October 2012

Memphis to Huntsville (Friday 12th October)

Got up early to catch the 8am shuttle to the bus station.  Checked in my bag and bought bus tickets for a couple of other trips.  Had a cup of tea & waited for the bus to arrive.  Bus arrived on time, got on bus, left on time & headed to Tupelo, had a 15 minute stopover and then we were late leaving coz of disorganised people & our driver being so nice.  Incidentally, Tupelo is the birthplace of Elvis.  We got back on the road & arrived at Birmingham only 10 minutes late.  I got off the bus, went & had a burger (horrible, won't be doing that again) from the 'restaurant' attached to the bus station, tried to get on the internet but no free wifi at this bus station, so I did some crosswords to pass the 2.5 hours before my other bus arrived.  I was going to put my bag in a locker & take a walk around but I couldn't find the lockers, and there were no signs saying where the lockers were, so didn't.  I went to the toilet a few minutes before the bus arrived and saw a sign just inside the entrance saying "If you are disabled & are having trouble with, or need help with, accessing the lockers . . . " I looked around & guess what I saw on the far wall, that's right, lockers. Well at least I know for next time.  Anyway, the bus was a few minutes late arriving & then there was a bit of a cafuffle with the toilet so we ended up leaving 20 minutes late.  Nothing exciting happened on the bus trip, I slept most of it, and we arrrived in Huntsville about 7.40pm.  I got a taxi to the hotel & was greeted by a very pleasant lady who gave me some good news (the laundry is free of charge for guests to use) and then I was most pleasantly surprised when I got to my room.  It isn't any bigger than a couple of rooms I have stayed in, but it has a very spacious bathroom, a lot more desk space and a kitchenette, which has a full size fridge, cutlery, crockery, cleaning stuff, microwave, coffee maker, sink, toaster, two element stove top & a dishwasher.  I know right - a dishwasher.  LOL  Anyway, unpacked most stuff, checked out all the drawers & cupboards, checked emails & facebook and then went downstairs to the "Candlewood Cupboard" (snack station type of thing) to see if they had milk & was amazed at what they had there - milk, soda, juice, chocolate bars, chips, peanuts, toothbrushes, shaving cream, cans of soup, granola (muesli) bars, frozen meals, ice cream - a very diverse selection, you do have to pay for it tho.  Anyway, I got some milk, came back up to my room, boiled some water & had a very, very nice cup of tea. *aahhhhhh*  Then I watched some tv & went to sleep.

My room from just inside the door.
And from the other end by the window. 
The bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment