30 September 2012

Cincinnati part 5 - Sunday 23 September

Woke rather early, showered & was ready to leave the house by 8.30am so we could get to the Renaissance Fair by 10am to see the 'Queen' arrive.  We left the house just after 9am & made our way to pick up Joey (Vickie's son).  When we arrived at his place he said he wasn't going as he had a sore foot and gave us his ticket, so it was just me, Vickie & Larry.  We left Joey's place, stopped & got the other 2 tickets and then continued on our way.  We arrived at the fair at about 11am, parked & headed in to my 1st ever Renaissance Fair.  We got a map & listing of the shows and Vickie & Larry headed to the benches for the Washerwomen show (which started at 11.30am) and I headed off to look at a couple of shops.  I made my first purchase within 15 minutes of being there.  LOL  I was at the silvermiths shop and saw they had puzzle rings like the one Mum had (which I haven't been able to find) so I had to buy one.


In memory of Mum, and the reason behind me being able to take this wonderful trip.
I then went & sat next to Vickie for the Washerwomen show.  It was quite funny, and they got Larry up (which he had said on the way he most definitely wasn't going to do) along with another couple of guys to partake in the show.  The bit I really didn't like was when they threatened to wet everyone if they didn't cheer loudly enough.  They should have warned people at the very start of the show that you could get wet as lots of people had cameras.  And because of that I kept my camera away and only got a couple of photos. We then headed to get something to eat - I was amazed at the number of people who asked "What is fowl?"  LOL  After having a bite to eat we headed over to the Knight's Arena to watch the jousting show.  This was fun & great to watch.  I took lots of photos and videoed some as well.  They did 5 'passes' with the joust and I videoed the first 2, nothing much happened so I stopped videoing & then on the 3rd pass one of the knights got knocked out of his saddle!  So I videoed the last 2 passes but nothing much happened.  Double chocolate macadamias!!!!!!!  LOL  We then leisurely made our way to the stage where the Swordsmen were appearing.  That show was HILARIOUS!!!  I laughed so much I cried!!  We then meandered to the Mudde Show, which was amusing, and I am glad we didn't sit too close.  I didn't get many photos as the mud pit was in the ground & you could only see it if you stood up & blocked the view of the people behind you.  We then made our way back to the entrance via some shops, a couple of which I stopped at & bought a couple of things.  

Entrance to the Ohio Renassaince Fair.
Larry participating in the Washerwomen show.
Larry returning with his prize for Vickie.
OMG!!  They had Starbucks in the renaissance!
Part of the grounds.
Simple but filling lunch - fowl tidbits & curly fries, steak sandwich and blackberry cobbler with ice-cream.
Part of the Queen's parade.
The jousting arena.
The Marshall of Ceremony.
One of the knights.
The other knight getting on his horse after being officially knighted by the queen.
All suited up for jousting.
The only photo I got of the knight after he was unseated.
A real blacksmith working with real iron.
They even had rides for children.
Dirk & Guido - the swordsmen.  The funniest show of the day.

They got some guys up to teach them how to be real gentlemen.

Start of the Mudde Show.

I think he enjoys his job.  LOL
Not really the mud wrestling I was hoping for.  LOL
Some people went all out and dressed for the occasion.

We arrived home about 6pm and took Jaicelyn, Jalob & Jadyn back to their homes.  Can't recall what time we got back to the house or what we had for dinner or anything else.  LOL  I think it was early bed for everyone that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment