2 September 2012

OC - part 3 (Friday 31 August)

Only one thing on the agenda for today - Knotts Berry Farm amusement park.  Set off at about 9am to get to the park by 10am (opening time), got to the park about 9.15am so went and had a donut & then back to the park.  Weren't too many people there to start with but more & more arrived as the day progressed.  Went on quite a few rides, but there were a few we just couldn't psych ourselves up enough to go on.  I won't go into descriptions too much coz you can google them & see for yourselves at http://www.knotts.com/things-to-do under Rollercoasters & Thrill Rides.  The Ghostrider was closed for maintenance, the Silver Bullet was closed for filming so didn't get to go on that one either, the Xcelerator was closed for 'operational reasons' when we first went to go on it, then it opened up about 20 minutes later, stayed open for about an hour so I got in line & then they closed it for 'operational reasons' again so I left the line & decided to pass on that ride as being closed twice didn't instil a whole lot of confidence in me.  Didn't go on the Windseeker or Riptide as they scared the bejeezus out of me just watching!!
The rides I did go on were the Pony Express, Screamin' Swing, Calico Mine Ride, Boomerang (twice), Supreme Scream (twice), La Revolucion, Hat Dance, Dragon Swing, Montezooma's Revenge, Jaguar & Sierra Sidewinder (which made me dizzy & upset my tummy).


Patiently waiting for the gates to open.

G on the water ride called Big Foot Rapids.
Big Foot Rapids water ride.
G mad coz she didn't get very wet on Big Foot Rapids.
This looks like Ulrich's type of ride.
Ulrich on a Pony Express pony.
The Pony Express ride.
The Screamin' Swing at rest.
Halfway thru on the Screamin' Swing.
No, I didn't turn this sideways, the swing arms are horizontal with you on the end, also horizontal!!!  This was the scariest ride I went on this day.
The Windseeker.  One of the rides I couldn't psyche myself to go on.  Takes you up 301 feet then swings you outwards so you are sideways.
The Calico Mine ride - nice & serene.
Part of the Boomerang rollercoaster. I LOVED this ride - did it twice.  (PS: Dominque, this is exactly like the one we went on at La Ronde)
Ulrich was too short to go on the Boomerang.
The Perilous Plunge - another water ride.  I didn't go on this one, but G did.
G smiling after her Perilous Plunge ride coz she got quite wet.
Lunch at Johnny Rockets - bacon cheeseburger & cheese fries.
The Supreme Scream - it goes up about 300 feet then drops you.  My scream on this ride came out completely involuntarily.  Enjoyed the ride tho so did it twice.
The 3 towers of the Supreme Scream.  And yes, I know it's the same height as the Windseeker but with this you were attached to a solid structure directly, not just by a cable.
The Waveswinger - I didn't go on this ride either, didn't trust the cables to hold me.  LOL
G on the Waveswinger - well you can see her legs.
La Revolucion at rest - I could have done this ride twice too but the lines were starting to get long.
La Revolucion - quite sedate, at this stage.
OK, now it's exciting!!  Raises you just above horizontal.
Ulrich in the bowl on the Hat Dance ride.  Was sedate but very fun.
One end of Montezooma's Revenge. Was quite a short ride but DAMN it was FAST!!
The entry to Montezooma's Revenge.
I took a video of the Riptide ride as photos just don't show how scary this ride is but it won't upload to here for some reason, you can see a video of the ride here tho - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOYSccf_hk - all I can say is DAMN!!!!

My camera started acting up & not working properly so I didn't get any photos after Montezooma's Revenge, but we didn't go on many more rides as it was nearly 4pm & had been a very sunny day (I got just a wee bit of sunburn) and we were tired from all the adrenaline that had been pumping thru our bodies.  Also, there were quite long lines for the rides we hadn't been on.  So we got some funnel cake, had a bit of a rest & then headed home about 4.30pm.
When I got back to the hotel I got a couple of beers from the bar downstairs & then headed up to my room for a nice cool drink & lie down.  I had an AMAZING time at Knotts Berry Farm tho, would definitely recommend it to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment