17 September 2012

LV to Chicago - Mon 10th Sept

Got up early & repacked my bag & hoped that it didn't weigh more than 50lbs.  Checked out of hotel & went downstairs to wait for a shuttle to the airport. Met & talked to a lovely lady while waiting for the shuttle. I arrived at the airport about 11am, checked in, got thru security & then took the tram to the gate.  Yes, took a tram to the gate, the airport is that BIG!  As my flight wasn't boarding until 2.30pm I walked around a bit, had Burger King for lunch as I couldn't find a McDonald's, then checked my emails, facebook and did a bit of blog updating.  When I got on the plane I found I had a window seat (yay!!) so was able to take some photos while flying.  We landed at about 8.30pm and I got the shuttle to the hotel, went to my room, which is on the ground floor but again at the end of a long hallway (think the universe might be trying to tell me something LOL), sorted my washing, updated my blog & then decided I really needed to go to bed as it was 3am.  This change of time thing while still in the same country is weird, puts my mind all out of kilter, I lost 2 hours on the flight from Las Vegas to Chicago.


Slot machines outside the gates at McCarran Airport, Las Vegas.  They would hate for you to miss a chance to gamble.  LOL

View from the plane about 1 hour into flight - lots of empty space. 
Above the clouds.
About 2 hours into the flight - more lots of empty space.
The sun setting behind the plane.
Ulrich enjoying the view.  He has no fear of heights at all, quite surprising for one his size.  
Coming into Chicago.  Actually no.  I thought it was but we flew over these lights & into darkness again.


No comments:

Post a Comment