14 September 2012

LV part 4 - Sat 8th Sept & Sun 9th Sept

Saturday 8th September - Spent the day in the hotel room sorting thru photos.  Showered about 9pm & headed out to a show which started at 10.30pm.  Went to the hotel next door & saw a show called 'Jubilee' which was a kind of old style Las Vegas show.  It was very good, and the costumes were amazing.  Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take any photos.  After the show I headed up the 'Eiffel Tower' of my hotel, which is 50 storeys high, to see Las Vegas by night.  The elevator ride up was a bit scary as the elevator was glass & you could see outside the whole way up, but the view was fantastic.

Me all dressed up ready to go see a Las Vegas show.
View from up the observation deck 50 storeys up the 'Eiffel Tower' at my hotel.
The Bellagio, across The Strip from my hotel.  Unfortunately it was after midnight when I went up & the musical fountains finish at midnight.





Looking down on to The Strip & one of the entrances to my hotel.

The 'balloon' outside my hotel (taken with no zoom).


Sunday 9th September - Left hotel room about 1pm & organised to have my purchases sent to my friend in LA for safe-keeping.  Had lunch at one of the restaurants in the hotel and then headed up the 'Eiffel Tower' to see the view by day.  It was again a very hot day but the view was again fantastic.  I watched one of the musical water fountain shows at The Bellagio and then went back down and did a little bit of gambling.  While having a look thru The Sugar Factory (a restaurant/candy shop in the hotel) I lost a contact lens so headed up to my room to get a replacement.  I decided to have a wee lie down before going back down for dinner but didn't wake up till just after 10pm, so got into my pj's & back into bed.

Day view from up the 'Eiffel Tower' at my hotel.
Mandalay Bay in the back with Excalibur mid-photo.
The Cosmopolitan and part of The Bellagio.




The pool at my hotel, which is located on the 2nd floor (no zoom).

Looking down on The Strip & one of the entrances to my hotel.
The workings of the musical fountains at The Bellagio (no zoom).

Close up of the musical fountain workings.
Start of a musical fountain show.  I videoed the rest of it as photos didn't capture it very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment